Myron D. Hartman, MS, SASHE, CCE, CBET
M.S. Health Services Administration, University of St. Francis, 1998
B.S. Electrical Engineering Technology, Point Park College, 1986
A.E. Biomedical Equipment Technology, Penn State University, 1979
A.E. Electrical Engineering Technology, Penn State University, 1979
1984 - 2001 Director Technology, South Hills Health System, Pittsburgh, PA
1994 – Present Consultant & part time instructor, DITEC, Solon, Ohio
1981 – 1984 Biomedical Equipment Technician, I.S.S., Plymouth Meeting, Pa.
1980 – 1981 Biomedical Equipment Technician, ECRI, Plymouth Meeting, Pa.
1994 - Present DITEC & AmeriNet Central, creation and instruction of various classes for management, medical instrumentation and materials management
2000 – Present Healthcare facilities safety inspections, pre-Joint Commission evaluations, expert witness for medical equipment evaluations, clinical engineering department management evaluations, radiology maintenance evaluations, Various Healthcare organizations in U.S.
Other Teaching Experience:
1986 – 2000 Adjunct, Biotechnical & Medical Instrumentation, Point Park College, Pittsburgh, Pa.
1999 Adjunct, Electronics course, Westmoreland County Community College, Youngwood, Pa.
1999 – 2000 Adjunct, BET Labs, Penn State University, New Kensington, Pa.
Professional Society Membership & Duties:
- Committee member - Accreditation Activities Committee for TAC/ABET, Biomedical Engineering Society (July 1, 2009 - Present)
- Board member - The Healthcare Technology Certification Commission (Commission) and United States Board of Examiners for Clinical Engineering Certification (2005 – present)
- Board member - US Certification Commission, Educational Representative (January 1, 2009 – June 30, 2011)
- American Society for Hospital Engineering, Clinical Engineering Section (ASHE)
- Hospital Engineers of Southwestern Pa. (HESP) (1980s – 2011)
- Facility Management Services Advisory Group, AmeriNet Central
- Certified Radiological Equipment Specialist (CRES), # 13715, July 2006
- Certified in Clinical Engineering (C.C.E.), # 382, June 1988
- Certified Biomedical Equipment Technician (C.B.E.T.), # 2200, January 1985
Honors & Awards:
- Penn State Engineering Alumni Society Outstanding Teaching Award, April 2012
- Best of 2011 Biomedical Professionals, 24X7 Magazine, September 2011
- Biomed of the Month, Medical Dealer Magazine, April 2009
- Personal Recognition Award, American Society for Healthcare Engineering, July 2000
- Senior Member, American Society for Healthcare Engineering (SASHE), # 341, May 1999
- Donald M. Sauerman Award by the Pa. Society for Health Facility Engineers, October 1994
- Outstanding Alumni Award from the Penn State University New Kensington, 1992
- Degrees and Majors
- 2-Year Biomedical Engineering Technology