Information for prospective students
Don't wait until your junior or senior year to start thinking about an internship in the field of engineering.
Consider applying for this new program, where selected students have the opportunity to begin building professional skills and field experience as early as their first year at Penn State New Kensington.
Detailed information about the program is available in the GREAT Program brochure (pdf).
In order to be considered for this opportunity, applicants must:
- Be accepted to Penn State New Kensington in one of the following academic programs
- Have a high school grade point average of at least 3.5
- Have SAT scores at or above 1500 (This score includes all 3 sections -- critical reading, writing and math. We require a minimum math score of 500 for this program.)
You must apply for admission to Penn State New Kensington before you may apply for the GREAT Program. If you still need to apply to Penn State New Kensington, start your application today!
Students who meet the eligibility requirements above must submit an Application form (pdf) in order to be considered for admission to the GREAT Program.
Office of Admissions
Penn State New Kensington
3550 Seventh Street Road, Rt. 780
New Kensington, PA 15068
724-334-LION or 888-968-PAWS
- Admissions Events
- Admissions Requirements
- After Admission
- Air Force ROTC
- Apply to Penn State
- Contact Admissions
- Credit Acquisition
- Dual Enrollment
- Evaluate Transfer Credits
- Frequently Asked Questions
- New Student Orientation
- Parents and Families
- Request Information
- The 2+2 Plan
- The G.R.E.A.T. Program
- Tuition and Costs