Congratulations and welcome to Penn State New Kensington! We understand how overwhelming the process of enrolling into a college can be. That’s why we’ve created this step-by-step checklist to assist you. Below you will find an outline of what you will need to do for admissions, financial aid, and registration. Please feel free to let us know if you have any questions along the way!
First stop: Admissions
- Visit Penn State New Kensington to see what we're all about.
- Submit admissions application.
- Receive admissions offer packet in the mail.
- Attend the admissions offer reception.
- Respond to offer of admission by paying acceptance fee and general deposit.
Second stop: Financial Aid
- Submit FAFSA.
- Verify processing of FAFSA by reviewing the Student Aid Report (SAR).
- Receive student aid award notification.
- Sign Stafford Loan Master Promissory Note and apply for additional lending, if necessary.
- Respond to all correspondence requesting additional information (e.g. verification, PHEAA state grant status notice).
- Complete loan entrance counseling on eLion.
Third stop: Registration
- Take on-line placement test.
- Attend New Student Orientation: Day One.
- Select courses.
- Receive semester bill electronically.
- Complete registration by filing the semester bill.
- Attend New Student Orientation: Days Two and Three.
Penn State New Kensington
Office of Enrollment Management
Hours of Operation:
Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Admissions Events
- Admissions Requirements
- After Admission
- Air Force ROTC
- Apply to Penn State
- Contact Admissions
- Credit Acquisition
- Dual Enrollment
- Evaluate Transfer Credits
- Frequently Asked Questions
- New Student Orientation
- Request Information
- The 2+2 Plan
- The G.R.E.A.T. Program
- Tuition and Costs