Services for Companies
Continuing Education at Penn State New Kensington offers many services to area companies to help them develop their workforce and their competitive advantage. For more information on any of these services, call 724-334-6010, or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Credit Programs at the WorkplacePenn State New Kensington can partner with a company to design college-credit programs at the workplace that meet the organizational development needs of the work force. Penn State faculty work directly with company management staff on program development and to determine what company materials are needed. Classes can be conducted on-site at the company at times convenient to the organization. Instructional styles are geared to the needs of the working adult student. An on-going program-evaluation process supports a quality experience for participants and the organization.
Benefits to the Organization
• Support the vision and mission of the organization
• Create cultural change
• Build a common base of knowledge
• Encourage self-motivated workers
• Demonstrate commitment to life-long learning
• Develop a stronger workforce for the future
• Provide professional skill development
Benefits to the Employee
• Provide quality education from a major university
• Offer courses designed and delivered for the adult learner
• Offer convenient location without additional travel
• Offer conveniently scheduled course times
• Provide university support services at the on-site location
• Build peer support and study groups
Customized TrainingPenn State New Kensington has a long history of working with business and industry. Our dedicated faculty and staff will partner with you to assess your immediate and long-term needs, then custom design and implement training solutions to satisfy them. Our mission is to understand yours, and to develop your human resources to achieve your goals and objectives. We will take a strategic view of your business and work hard to develop a relationship with you. We believe that only a partnership based on mutual respect will allow us to create the educational opportunities your people need to stay competitive in the global market place. Programs are customized to meet your specific needs and delivered on-site at times convenient for your work force.
Our Systematic Process:
1. Listen to your organization’s goals and plans
2. Help identify performance gaps and assess needs
3. Work collaboratively to develop action plans and learning objectives
4. Provide support and follow-up
5. Help evaluate results
6. As appropriate, design and deliver customized education and training interventions
Examine our listing of current programs offered below:
For more than twenty years, Penn State New Kensington has been recognized locally for high quality computer applications training. From introductory courses to high-level applications training to web-based instruction, Penn State New Kensington provides “hands-on” computer training for each individual on-site at company locations or in our state-of-the-art computer lab. If your organization has a number of employees with similar computer training needs, a packaged or customized training program can be developed. One-on-one computer training is also available.
Management Development Programs
Management development programs and services provide clients with customized training and developmental programs and associated services to enhance individual, group and organizational effectiveness.
• Leadership Development Programs
• Interpersonal and Communication Skills
• Human Resource and Basic Management Skills
• Process and Quality Leadership Programs
• Project Management
• Sales, Marketing and Customer Service Programs
• Team Building and Facilitation Services
• Assessments and Customized Services
Faculty providing these training programs and services are professionals with a unique blend of skills including frontline business experience, solid academic credentials, and proven teaching/training skills. Programs are customized to meet your specific needs and delivered on-site at times convenient for your workforce.