New SGA officers elected for 2012-2013 academic year
The Penn State New Kensington campus recently welcomed its new Student Government Association officers. The 2012-13 officers were elected in April.
According to Lauren Blum, who works closely with the SGA treasurer and vice president, the students are looking forward to serving their student body. Blum is SGA co-advisor along with director of Student Affairs, Theresa Bonk.
“The officers are excited and a little anxious to get into their roles next year,” she said. The 2012-2013 officers include:
- President – Jordan Miller of New Kensington, freshman, College of Liberal Arts
- Vice president – James Lei of Springfield, V.A., freshman, College of Engineering
- Treasurer – Tim Borland of Cheswick, freshman, College of Information Sciences and Technology
- Secretary – Kailey Brink of Saltsburg, freshman, University College, Communications
- Underclassmen Faculty Senate Representative – Ken Fisher of Leechburg, senior, College of Information Sciences and Technology
- Upperclassmen Faculty Senate Representative – Matt Brueggeman of Apollo, senior, College of Information Sciences and Technology
Penn State New Kensington’s Student Government Association represents the campus’ students, providing support and advocacy and helping them experience what the university has to offer. More information on SGA is available online at http://www.nk.psu.edu/StudentLife/sga.htm