Polycom Instructions and Tips
- Lift remote control. The Polycom VSX7000 screen appears. The "Place a Call" icon is selected.
- Press the maroon enter button. The enter button is located in the center of the directional arrow buttons. The "Place a Call" screen will now appear.
- Check the number which appears at the top left portion of the screen. In most cases, it is 2222 (University Park Video Bridge).
- If 2222 appears:
- Press the green "Call-Hang Up" button on the remote control.
- If another number appears:
- Press the maroon left arrow once for every number you wish to remove.
- Type 2222 using the number key pad.
- Press the green "Call-Hang Up" button.
- If 2222 appears:
- After pressing the "Call-Hang Up" button, a sphere will appear in the lower left corner of the TV screen.
- A full, green sphere means the call will connect.
- A half-filled, yellow sphere means the call will not connection.
- If you see this, repeat the entire sequence. If this fails three times, please contact the following:
- New Kensington Helpdesk - 724-334-6081 (Please Call First)
- University Park - 814-865-1036 (Video Operations)
- Lift remote control.
- The Polycom VSX7000 screen appears.
- The "Place a Call" icon is selected.
Ending A Call
- Lift the remote.
- Press the green "Call-Hang Up" button. The "Hang Up" screen will appear. Option #1 is selected.
- Press the maroon enter button. A "Disconnecting call. Please wait..." message will appear. After a few seconds, the Polycom VSX7000 screen will apear. The video conference session is over.
- Please turn off the lights when leaving the room.
Our video conference equipment utilizes two TV monitors. One monitor shows the near side and the other shows the far side.Our video conference equipment utilizes two TV monitors. One monitor shows the near side and the other shows the far side.
- Near side (New Kensington campus): The TV monitor on the left is the near side. This is what other campuses see.
- Far side (Other Penn State locations): The monitor on the right side is the far side. Media Services cannot control how things are displayed on the far side monitor
- Please do not turn the monitors off after your video conference session.
- The Computer Center staff will adjust the near end camera before each video conference session begins.
- Please contact the help desk staff for assistance with the camera
- Please mute the microphone when not speaking.
- Mute buttons are located in two places:
- The remote control (orange button)
- The microphone pods (center button)
- There are two indicators that sound is muted:
- A muted microphone apears on the lower left portion of the screen
- The red circle is illuminated on the microphone pod
- To increase or decrease the listening level, press up or down on the orange toggle button located on the remote control
- NOTE: If you are having trouble hearing them after you have increased the volume, you may have to ask the other party to increase the volume on their side
A videoconference involving more than two sites (Multi-Point Videoconference) requires a "video bridge." The Penn State Video Bridge is managed by Information Technology Services (ITS), Telecommunications and Networking Services (TNS).
The Penn State Video Bridge:
- Allows three or more sites to participate in a videoconference.
- Supports simultaneous conferences.
- Has multiple conference modes available.
- Has two Dial Direction options available (dial-in or dial-out).
- Supports ISDN or IP-based end points.
- Supports analog phone voice connections.
- Has two scheduling options either ITS Scheduled or On-Demand
More information can be found at The Penn State Video Bridge.
- Information Technology