Policies and Guidelines
If you need to request any equipment listed on the Media Services available equipment page, you must adhere to the following summary of policies and guidelines. You are also required to review the Media Services Equipment Policy (.pdf) in its entirety.
Immediate support or answers to your questions can be provided by visiting the Computer Center Help Desk or by calling 724-334-6081.
Service Level Agreement (the amount of lead time we ask for submitted requests):
Equipment Reservation & Pickup: 0 business days
Media Commons Reservation: 0 business days
Equipment Delivery/Setup: 3 business days
- Polycom Reservation (No Bridge Required): 3 business days
- Polycom Reservation (Bridge Required): 5 business days
- There is a minimum ten business days notice required if you need media support for an event that occurs after normal Media Services business hours.
- The Media Services request form is available on-line only! Handwritten notes, voice mail, and e-mails will not be accepted.
- Requests are accepted for the current semester only.
- You must be New Kensington faculty/staff/student to reserve media equipment.
- If for any reason your request cannot be met, Media Services will contact you immediately to set up other arrangements.
- We do not sign out keys. If you need access to a locked media cabinet, please submit a media request.
- All media (video, photos, etc...) left on reserved equipment will be erased when the device is returned.
- Equipment that students sign-out will be due by the Computer Center closure next business day. Equipment can be re-signed out on a per-case basis and with Computer Center supervisor staff approval.
- You must return all cables, accessories and memory cards that originally came with the reserved equipment.
- If equipment is not returned and/or has missing/damages accessories, your student account may be charged the amount of a replacement. Lost or damaged equipment is the responsibility of the individual listed on the request form.
- If you need to be trained on equipment use or setup, please indicate your specific needs in the comment field of the Media Services Request Form. A training session will be scheduled accordingly to meet your specific need.
- All equipment problems must be reported via the Media Services Request Form within 24 hours.
- Do not move equipment from the classrooms! You may be taking it from an instructor that followed the proper procedures and requested it.
- Media Services does not provide services for picture-taking, recording, and/or videotaping.
- Please return any found or misplaced equipment to Media Services.
- If there is any equipment you would like to have on campus, please fill out the Media Services Request Form.
- The Media Services support team will do everything it can to ensure your needs are met. However, your cooperation is a must for this to happen.
- Information Technology