As a member of DreamSpark, Penn State New Kensington is able to distribute free Microsoft software with a license that never expires to students who are taking a STEM course and faculty members who are teaching a STEM-related course or conducting research in a STEM-related field. A STEM course is any credit-course at Penn State New Kensington that is Science, Technology, Engineering and/or Mathematics.
- Within the first three weeks after the start of the semester you will receive an e-mail from DreamSpark with instructions on how to setup your username and password in order to access the software site.
- Before accessing the DreamSpark website, you must be associated with a STEM course as a student, instructor, or support staff. You must read and adhere to the license terms of the DreamSpark EULA. Violation of the terms in the agreement can result in revoked DreamSpark access and possible legal action.
To obtain software:
- Simply log into the system (http://psnkdreamspark.onthehub.com) using your username and password that was e-mailed to you from DreamSpark. If you cannot find the e-mail from DreamSpark with your login credentials, you can click on the link "I've forgotten my password!" and your password will be e-mailed to you. NOTE: Your username to this system is your full PSU e-mail address.
- Select the software you would like to order and add it to your shopping cart.
- Complete the check-out process
- Download your software title.
- Burn the downloaded ISO image to the appropriate media (CD/DVD).
- Install the software title on your computer.
DreamSpark Support and Assistance
Need more help getting started? DreamSpark has a dedicated support page covering the following and more!
- Using DreamSpark software.
- How to create an ISO image.
- How to install software from ISO image.
- How to register your software.
Visit https://www.dreamspark.com/support/default.aspx to access the support page.
A list of DreamSpark Store frequently asked questions can be found at DreamSpark Store FAQ.
DreamSpark Support Contact Information
DreamSpark Support Website: https://www.dreamspark.com/Support/FAQ/Default.aspx
Other questions or access issues can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Academic Support
- Information Technology
- Access Account
- Computer Labs
- Cooperative Lab Management (CLM)
- Faculty Resources
- File Storage Options
- IT Fee
- IT Suggestion Box
- New Employee IT Resources
- Media Commons
- Personal Web Space
- Software Request Form
- Software Options
- Training Resources
- Wireless Access
- Contact Us