Cooperative Lab Management (CLM)
Starting fall 2014, the Penn State New Kensington computer labs will be managed with Cooperative Lab Management (CLM). CLM is a central service provided by Penn State Information Technology Service (ITS) for managing classroom computers. This will provide our users with a more consistent computer classroom experience.
CLM has many beneficial features:
Roaming profiles provides users with a consistent desktop experience. Documents saved to the desktop or "My Documents" will be available the next time the user logs into the original computer or any other CLM classroom computer.
On-campus computer lab printing is paid for by the Student IT Fee. In an effort to prevent printing abuse and to better utilize the Student IT fee monies, Penn State New Kensington is adopting the print management system that is available with CLM. Individuals printing from a campus computer lab will receive 110 free sheets (double-sided pages) each semester. Once individuals have reached their 110 sheet quota, individuals can purchase additional sheets with their LionCash+ funds. Visit https://clc.its.psu.edu/users/wa/PrintingInfo.aspx to purchase additional sheets or to monitor your sheet count via the Print Management Utility.
Charge Per Sheet
Counts as # of B&W Sheet
Black & White Laser Printers
8 ½" x 11"
| Color Laser Printers
||8 ½" x 11"||$0.15||
All printed pages are billed per sheet of paper. Duplex printing (printing on both sides of a sheet of paper) counts as a single sheet. In an effort to be economically and environmentally friendly, Penn State printers are set to print on both sides of the page by default. Students wishing to print on only one side of a page must manually set this preference for their print job.
The print management system provides the capability of remote printing. Remote printing enables individuals to print their documents from home computers or laptops connected to the campus' wireless network. To utilize this feature, a small software package must be downloaded and installed. Remote printing jobs will be directed to a release station and printer in the Blissell Library and Computer Center building, Room 044. To learn more about remote printing, visit http://clc.its.psu.edu/printing/remote.
LabChat enables individuals to initiate a live chat with the IT Service Desk at University Park. Click the LabChat icon on the desktop to begin the technical support conversation. If a support request cannot be resolved by University Park, the request will be transferred to the Penn State New Kensington Service Desk for resolution.
Doceri is a software application that enables faculty to operate the podium computer from an iPad. This software allows the faculty to move freely around the classroom. Doceri is provided free of cost on all podium computers. Visit http://doceri.psu.edu/ for more information about Doceri.
Classroom Control is a software utility that enables an instructor to lock student screens during lecture to help minimize classroom distractions. Visit http://clc.its.psu.edu/classrooms/resources/classroomsetup for more information on classroom control.
- 7/24/2014 - Classroom control capabilities have been configured for the main teaching classrooms (ITC030, ITC031, ITC032, CONF014B, and Blissell 044D).
- 7/14/2014 - Testing is underway with the CLM 2014/2015 build key to ensure all software is installing and working properly. A remote printing release station has been built and tested to confirm that it worked properly with the Ricoh copier in the computer center. All of the provisioning (rooms and IP space) for the classrooms have been completed.
- 6/27/2014 - CLM announcement was emailed to the campus faculty. It highlights the major changes that will impact this audience.
- 6/27/2014 - CLM announcement was emailed to Student Life and the request was made to disseminate this information to the students via the student listserv. The email highlights the major changes that will impact this audience.
- 6/27/2014 - CLM announcement was emailed to the campus staff. It highlights the major changes that will impact this audience.
- 6/18/2014 - Room 044 in the Blissell Library and Computer Center building has been designated as the location to release and print all remote printing jobs.
- 6/17/2014 - Marketing campaign is underway to provide customers with timely information regarding the CLM deployment. IT staff are working with the CLM team to configure the computer lists within CLM as well as the printer queues.
Computer Center Helpdesk Support
044 Blissell Library & Computer Center Building
Submit a helpdesk request
Hours of operation
M-F: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Academic Support
- Information Technology
- Access Account
- Computer Labs
- Cooperative Lab Management (CLM)
- Faculty Resources
- File Storage Options
- IT Fee
- IT Suggestion Box
- New Employee IT Resources
- Media Commons
- Personal Web Space
- Software Request Form
- Software Options
- Training Resources
- Wireless Access
- Contact Us