Home Campus Directory | A-Z Index

Students with disabilities should contact the campus Office of Disability Services liaisons to discuss the University's process for receiving reasonable accommodations. The liaisons on campus include:

Elaine Zarichnak
Campus Nurse, Health Services
3550 Seventh Street Road 
New Kensington, PA 15068
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
August to June

Laurie Durzo
Director, Learning Center
3550 Seventh Street Road
New Kensington, PA, 15068
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Fall and Spring Semesters

During the summer months, contact Theresa Bonk, Director of Student Affairs, at tab19@psu.edu.

Proctored testing for students with disabilities will take place in the distraction-free study room in the Success Center.
Faculty must send all requests for proctoring at least two days in advance, including the exam and Disability Proctoring Instruction Form, to the Success Center for processing. You can locate this form on the Campus Forms page at:  http://www.nk.psu.edu/Documents/Academics/Disability_Proctoring_Instruction_Form.pdf


Support for Learning Disabilities

Learning-disabled college students are those students with normal or above normal intelligence who are essentially visually or auditorily handicapped. (These students are not legally hard of hearing or blind.) They have been tested, diagnosed, and supported during their elementary or secondary schooling and have made that documentation available to the Penn State Learning Center specialist. During an interview, the student and the Learning Center specialist outline the responsibilities of the learning-disabled college student and the type of
accommodations the Disability Services liaison can provide.

If a current or incoming Penn State New Kensington student is seeking accommodations, that student must follow these steps.

  • Make an appointment with the Disability Services liaison, Laurie Durzo.
  • Gather the following documents and bring them to this appointment.
    • Psychological report with diagnosis (dated within the past 3 years)
    • Individualized Education Plan (IEP) from high school
    • High school transcripts and SAT scores


To learn more about disability services at Penn State, visit the following sites.

Office of Disability Services - University Park

University Health Services - University Park